Sunday, February 19, 2012

Technical Difficulties

Yesterday, my computer committed suicide. Now don't get me wrong, I do not make light of suicide, but it happened. My laptop is four years old, and is extremely top heavy. If I leave it open it will sometimes just close on it's own. In January, the trackpad broke - I have been using an external pink turtle mouse since then. Yesterday, my computer closed itself on top of the external mouse and shattered the screen, and no, I am not kidding.

Just keeping you updated on my life, now back to running.

I have learned recently that running two days in a row is not something that I am really physically able to do, my legs hurt! So this week, along with every week, I plan to run on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and maybe Sunday. Today I was really compelled to run, but thought that I should start next week off fresh and ready, but I still wanted to go to the gym. So today I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike and went 3.5 miles, did 20 minutes on the eliptical and went 1.3 miles, and finished with 10 minutes on the rowing machine doing 1.1 miles. Although I didn't run, I am still pretty proud of myself for going to the gym.

According to my Womens Health Magazine plan, I am running in intervals. For example, I will run for 5 minutes, walk for up to two minutes, and repeat for about 6 times. So far, the furthest I have gone is 5 minute intervals for 6 intervals.

Goals for this upcoming week:

Run 20 miles
Run at least 1 day with 6 minute intervals 5 times
Stretch every day

No comments:

Post a Comment