Sunday, February 26, 2012

#FemaleProblems

I spent my Saturday shopping at consignment stores. It's not really something that I am in to but my friend really enjoys it so we went. We have learned a few things over our many consignment trips, the most important being that the best shops are in Annapolis. Yesterday we visited New to You and Return to Oz. Being the sorority girls that we are, we are always in search of vintage Lilly Pulitzer clothing. Yesterday, we hit the jackpot! I found the most amazing vintage Lilly skirt - I can't even describe to you how beautiful it is. There is only one slight problem... it is too small. It is a size 8, which I am not, but there is one slight piece of good news - it zips. It zips!

So now you are all probably wondering why I am sharing my adventures in consignment shopping with you on a running blog. I am committed to having this skirt zip and fit perfectly by college graduation, which is 3 months from now. I WILL wear this skirt to graduation, and I WILL tuck a white t-shirt in to it, and I WILL look fabulous. And the only way I am going to achieve these goals is if I continue running! See, full circle.

I failed pretty much all of my goals from last week, I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I only ran 4.3 miles, and went to the gym twice. I did stretch after both workouts, though, which is a vast improvement. This week, I will be better.

Goals for this week:

Run 15 miles
Drink at least 40 ounces of water a day
Stretch after every workout
Go to the gym 3 days

All of these goals are pretty doable. I made my mileage goal lower and days of the week at the gym pretty low because I am leaving on Thursday to go visit Columbia in New York because I have recently been admitted to their graduate program. I am really excited!

Anyway - that's all for now! Happy Oscaring to all!

2 comments:

  1. I think these are awesome goals, 15 miles is a lot so good luck with it. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much if you don't quite hit 15, but make an honest effort to workout every day. I think if you can promise yourself to drink the water, hit the gym 3 times, and definitely stretch after every workout that will be an awesome step in the right direction. What kind of stuff do you recommend/are you looking to do at the gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have mostly been working on the treadmill. On days where I don't feel up to the treadmill I have been doing 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical. When I first started out running I would do weights after, but now that I am spending more time on the treadmill I don't really have enough time (bad excuse, I know).

    ReplyDelete