Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Power Workout

Today I successfully went to the gym, yay! I only had half an hour to spend on the treadmill, but I figured something was better than nothing. When I started running, I was extremely focused on running for a certain amount of minutes at a time, mostly because that is what Women's Health Magazine suggested I do. More recently I have been more focused on running for a certain distance at a time, mostly because I want to push my limits and really see what my body is capable of.


Last time I ran and tonight, I ran a whole mile without stopping (12-13 minutes-ish), and additional running minutes after. Specifically, today I warmed up for three minutes, ran a mile, walked five minutes, ran five more minutes, did a five minute cool down and then stretched. I was pretty happy with myself. I went at a pace of 13:24, which happens to be my fastest pace ever!


After my run I went to Silver Diner  to get my free milkshake. Did you know that if you go to Silver Diner with a valid student ID on Monday you get a free milkshake? It's the best thing ever. I know it's not too great for my diet, but I do get it with fat free ice cream.

via makemytaste.com

Doesn't that just look delicious? Don't worry, it was. 


As I have previously mentioned, I am kind of addicted to Pinterest. Today I found an incredible food blog, Skinny Taste. I currently do not have access to a kitchen that I can actually cook for myself in, but if I did I would definitely cook everything on this blog. 


via skinnytaste.com

Delicious, right? It's Chicken with Leeks, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, in White Wine Sauce. I can't wait to try this in my own apartment one day...or at my parent's house.


More next time, 


No comments:

Post a Comment