Thursday, February 23, 2012

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

Throughout my time in high school and middle school I participated in a variety of team sports. I played volleyball, water polo, and softball. I always had fun, but I have to be honest with you, I hurt my ankle a little bit in the process.


via thebleacherreport.com


Just kidding! My ankle isn't on Curt Schilling's level...yet. So why did I share this with you? Yesterday I was supposed to go running, but walking around my campus my ankle was really bothering me. My wonderful roommate told me that running would be a bad idea, so I listened to her, I tend to listen to her. Even though I didn't go running last night, I still went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical with a mere 5 minutes walking on the treadmill at the end. The good news? My ankle feels better and I fully intend on going running tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that your blog will inspire me to exercise more than just riding two or three times a week. I try to run on the days I don't ride, but what with weather, aches and pains, homework, etc., I can always find an excuse not to, even though I know it will help with my fitness when riding. You are already showing me up! I would have definitely taken the roommate's advice as a free pass out of any exercise so I think it is great that you were still able to find a way to work out that didn't hurt your ankle.
    --Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My uncle just posted this on FB. He didn't run it, but I figured the running bloggers in class might appreciate it: http://www.strava.com/rides/pitfall-morning-edition-4460963

    ReplyDelete