Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Total Sorority Move

I am very disappointed to report that I did not successfully meet my running goals last week. I only made it to the gym once, with a mere 2.2 miles. I could blame it on many things, including my 4 day trip to New York and working Tuesday night, but I won't. I didn't meet my goals, and am determined to start doing better, that skirt is depending on it!

I may not have mentioned this before, but I am in a sorority on campus. Every Monday at our weekly chapter meeting, spirit awards are given out based on different things; wellness, style, and mvp. It has been my goal, since I started my running and this blog, to win the wellness award, and today I WON IT! Now let me really explain to you what this award is...


Via cubsox.com



Now, quite literally, this award is a sweat-headband and sweat-armband with our sorority letters written on them in sharpie, but I will wear them with pride for the next week!

I have gotten in the habit of going to the gym after meeting on Monday nights, and it has been surprisingly consistent for the last 4 weeks. Tonight, I was able to run 2.3 miles in 30 minutes, which once again broke my record for fastest run! It was a pace of 13:03 minutes per mile, or an average speed of 4.6 on the treadmill. In addition, I lifted weights for 30 minutes after my run, which made me feel super empowered. Yay! 

Today, something else made me proud of myself today. I was in a pretty bad mood all day, and normally when I am in a bad mood I eat some junk food....


Via icecreamjournal.turkeyhill.com

And boy, do I love ice cream! But today, I resisted the urge; instead of emotional eating a bunch of sugar, I went to the gym and exercised! That is something I have never done before, I guess my good habits are really starting to rub off on me. 

More reasons why I wish I had my own kitchen? I found Kalyn's Kitchen. This is another great resource to find healthy and delicious looking recipes. She has this really cool Recipe for Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices, now who wouldn't want to eat that? Definitely on my list. 

via KalynsKitchen.com
Running Goals for the Week:

Run 10 miles 
Stretch after every run
Drink 80 ounces of water a day

That's all for now, 
B

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award!!! *snaps to you*
    You can come over and cook in the SigEp kitchen whenever you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying reading about your progress. That's so awesome that you won an award for it! Definitely a great motivation tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you!!
    xo,
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm def going to be making those zucchini jams in my lovely little kitchen this week, and you are welcome to join me :)

    ReplyDelete