Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rookie Mistakes

A few weeks ago, I blogged about how taking ten days off was a giant mistake, well let me tell you, running three days in a row is also a GIANT mistake. With the high of winning my award and the anticipation of my April 1st try on date, I decided to be ambitious and run three days in a row.

 Now, to be honest, this wasn't exactly planned. I ran Monday and Tuesday on purpose, and was totally planning to take Wednesday off, while running Thursday, yoga on Friday, and the big outdoor run on Saturday. Today I was sitting, trying to do my non-blogging homework, and all I could think about was running. I love running. I don't know when that happened, but it did, and I just felt it today, my body nagging at me to go to the gym and run. Who really wants to do homework, right?




I also stumbled upon this lovely sign, so I gave in and went to the gym and attempted to run. It was not pretty. I did a mere 2 miles in 31 minutes. I only ran for 6 of those minutes, and walked the rest, although I did walk 6 or so minutes at a 10 degree incline. All in all, I am proud of myself, but let me tell you - my legs hurt. And not just a normal hurt, a burning hurt! Needless to say, I will be taking tomorrow, Thursday, off from the gym. Friday, I still plan on doing yoga, and Saturday I will run outside!

We will see how this goes, as I have a day full of meetings on Friday and fully intend on cooking dinner for my boyfriend, which is a rarity.

Happy Hump Day,
B

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a little break from time to time. You should blog about your adventures running outside. I know that's such a different experience from the monotonous cycle of the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete