Sunday, March 11, 2012

Results

Today was the day, I ran outside for the first time, and let me be the first to tell you that it. was. AWESOME. Let me tell you about it. Two of my sorority sisters and I ran 1.5 miles to the lake today without stopping. Not only was this the furthest distance I have ever run without stopping, but this was also done at the fastest pace I had ever run, about 11 minutes/mile. YAY.

Once we got to the lake, I was blown away with how pretty it was.


Isn't it beautiful? Once we got to the lake, we walked around the lake, which was one mile, and then we walked home, which was another mile. We ended up going 3.68 miles in 58 minutes with an average pace of 15:30 minutes/mile. This is awesome because we got to 3.1 miles in 48 minutes, which means that when I run my 5K on April 7th it will be WAY faster than 48 because I know I could've run way more today. SO excited. I also can't wait to go to the lake again, maybe I will even go tomorrow!

Also, my running goals for the week were met today! I have run 10.33 miles so far  this week, and I stretched after every run!

1 comment:

  1. This post inspired me to give running outside a try! It was absolutely gorgeous out, so I somehow managed to convince my roommate to go for a run with me. We did a nice tour of college park all the way from north campus to south campus and back around. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Do you have any special tips for running? I ended up getting a terrible cramp in my side towards the end. Tips would be helpful :)

    ReplyDelete