Friday, January 4, 2013

Winter Break Productivity

Hi Friends,

Being alone in my apartment has somehow made me motivated to get sh*t done. Strange, isn't it, how only when we are entirely alone we realize what it really is that we want. Anyway, today I had an appointment with the career center at school to go over my resume and cover letter for my fieldwork next year. I am SO excited for my fieldwork. For those of you who don't know, my fieldwork is a year long internship placement in a school as a counselor. CANT WAIT.

I learned a lot of new things today about cover letters and resumes that I never heard of before. For example, my resume is now two pages long, and apparently that is ok.

From GoogleImages 
Anyway, I found the school I want to intern at, so I am trying to get the ball rolling as soon as possible so I am the first (hopefully) student who applies to intern there. As you can imagine, I spent the good majority of my day updating my resume and cover letter. 

Back to healthy lifestyle: since I moved to NYC I have been eating really healthy, but recently I have been trying to make extra healthy food choices. One of my favorite food blogs is Skinny Taste. Literally any food you could want to eat is on this website, only the healthy version. You may not know this about me, but my favorite comfort food is chicken tenders and french fries, and she has a pretty guilt-free variety of that, aka I love her! Also, for those of you on weight watchers, or know 
someone on weight watchers, she puts the points value for each recipe. 

Last night I went to the gym at 11pm, and tonight I went to the gym at 10pm - improvement, right? Well I couldn't fall asleep til 4am last night, so hopefully tonight I get to fall asleep at 3am? Regardless, I was pretty proud of my workout today. There is a gym in my building, and I am ashamed to say I never really used it until now. Both last night and tonight I have had the whole (tiny) gym to myself, which is awesome because I get to control the TV! Working out to TLC is way more fun than working out to any other tv shows. Tonight it was Four Weddings and What Not To Wear.

Today I went down to the gym fully intending on riding the bicycle. After riding for 30 minutes, and 7 miles, I didn't feel thoroughly worked out. I then decided to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes while I watched What Not To Wear. After walking for a little bit, I decided to try running for just a minute or two to see how it felt to do it again, and, surprisingly, it felt AWESOME. So, strongly considering trying running again, but no guarantees.

I had an interesting conversation tonight with one of my good friends, and she really made me realize how important maintaining my blog is. Not only is my blog important for my success, but she made me realize that other people count on me blogging as well. Or at least she does. But feeling responsible for another individual's motivation to live healthier is a lot of pressure. I also feel incredibly touched and humbled by her saying that to me. One of my motivations for living healthy is my blog, and one of her motivations for living healthy is also my blog - it was very flattering to hear. Don't worry, this doesn't mean I am going to start blogging every day, or expect you to read it every day. It's just going to help keep me motivated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment