Friday, January 25, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, I have been crazy busy, and I will update you now.

Over break I went to Orlando, Florida with five of my sorority sisters from college for a week to go to Disneyworld and Universal. As hard as it may seem to most of my readers (who I assume are on the east coast), I had never been to Disneyworld before! Being from California, I have obviously been to Disneyland.

The six of us drove from Maryland to Orlando in one day. We left at 5am and got to Orlando at 7pm. Longest. Day. Ever. That was a Friday. On Saturday we went to Universal Studios! Let me tell you the best thing about going to the amusement parks in the middle of a random week in January - NO LINES. We went on every single ride in the park and didn't wait longer than half an hour to go on any of them. #winning

With Shrek and Fiona

With Scooby and Shaggy 

On Sunday we went to Universal's Island of Adventure. If you don't know what that means, it means we went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! The Harry Potter ride was AMAZING and I semi-conquered my fear of roller coasters with the baby coaster, the flight of the hippogriff. 

The Hogwarts Express
At Islands of adventure was also Seussland, and while it was a little lame and obviously for little kids, we got one of the best pictures of the whole trip there:

Getting Splashed with Water 
On Monday we went to Disneyworld's Epcot park which was amazing! Since it was my first time at Disneyworld I was given a "It's My First Visit" button by the ticket booth lady. I shamelessly wore it during the park that day and when we went to the Magic Kingdom. Since this is a semi-professional blog I won't get in to all the details, but while in Epcot we went "around the world." It was a blast, we spent about 10 hours in the park, and we ended the night with a viewing on the famous Epcot fireworks!

Stuck in a phone booth in London 
Mary Poppins in Epcot
The whole group in Morocco
Countries lit up in the dark 
The next day we had a day off that we spent relaxing by the pool and doing water aerobics.

On Wednesday we went to Disney's Magic Kingdom! I was literally so excited I was annoying the crap out of my friends - oh well. (sorry guys)

Love Love Love 
My favorites!!!
Cinderella's Castle!
We watched the parade in the middle of the day which was surprisingly wonderful. We waited in line for a while to meet characters. Things I learned: Mickey is really short and the princesses are so nice it's kind of creepy.

Mickey! 
Yup, she let us hold her hair...
 We of course stayed for fireworks at the Magic Kingdom as well and just had a phenomenal day :)

Wish upon a star...

BOOM
We decided to take the drive back to Maryland in two days - staying overnight in Charleston, South Carolina because on of the girls on the trip's mom lives there. I can briefly tell you that Charleston is a great place and I look forward to spending more than twelve hours there one day. After driving back to Maryland I got to spend a few days with my boyfriend before coming up to New York, so that was nice as always. 

I got back to New York on Tuesday, started classes on Wednesday. Now I am just focusing on getting back to the grind. I went to the gym yesterday (Wednesday), and today (Thursday), so that's a good start to my goals. I have decided to get really in to biking for a few reasons. 1) It doesn't hurt my ankles at all 2) I can go really far in not that long of time 3) I bought a bike 4) When it gets warm out I want to ride my bike everywhere (aka to/over the Brooklyn Bridge). 

Well, that's all for now (I know, a lot), and I have an exciting weekend coming up that I will fill you all in on next week. Motto for the weekend: Duck Fuke!

No comments:

Post a Comment