Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

I hope you understand my title, if not, go back and watch Finding Nemo.

From GoogleImages 
So last week I started classes again, which is always simultaneously exciting and dreadful. This semester I am taking sixteen credits which is kind of a lot especially since I am looking for a part-time job (not retail this time). For those of you who are curious I am taking: Group Counseling, Consultation and Community Organizations, Career Counseling, Adult Psychopathology, and Counseling Skills 2. So far I have only been to Career, Adult Psychopath, and Skills and am already overwhelmed with the amount of reading I have to do. Today I did 100 pages of reading and it was all for my Career class. What? The good news? I really enjoyed what I was reading. The bad news? We had three separate reading from three separate textbooks on the same subject to get different perspectives on the same things. Not OK. But I did it anyway because I know that career counseling will be part of my future career as a guidance counselor.

I'm not so sure I will love my Adult Psychopath class. Slash I'm not even sure I will like it. I do not really at all want to diagnose people and treat them from the DSM but that is exactly what I will be doing in this class. Oh well. It's a requirement so I will get through it and there are no exams so that's a plus. Although there are pop quizzes so I will feel like I'm in high school again. Oh well.

I think my Skills class is going to be awesome! It's a small, practical class, so I will just become a better counselor from it. 

I haven't had my Group or Consultation classes yet but I can only hope they are great. They are taught by the same teacher so I also hope he is great. 

This past weekend was really great. I spent Friday night at a wine club night, this month was dedicated to wine and cheese, so that was a blast. On Saturday my beloved Terpies got their buts kicked by Duke, but I did watch the game with 200 other Maryland alum at the NYC gamewatch. 

By: J Leland Malinski
So for the last three and a half weeks that I decided to be healthier I have only not worked out/had ample activity 4 of those days, and I only didn't eat cleanly 5 of those days. Out of 26 days could be better, could be worse, but I'm proud of myself for trying. Keeping on track while traveling was a little difficult, 5 of the last 26 days involved between 5-20 hours of traveling and being in the car. Looking back on my health and fitness pinboard has re-invigorated me to feel good about myself and my efforts so is some inspiration for you as well.

























I don't know about you but when I am at the gym with my Nalgene more often than not I end up with water all over my shirt. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Nalgene, a lot. Not only is it pink, not only does it have Testudo on it, but it also has peace signs, a lair sticker, and a mickey sticker. I am serious. I'm going to post a picture, that's how much I love my Nalgene.

Back of Water Bottle 

Front of Water Bottle 


Now that being said, I also have some complaints about it because I am, indeed, human. 1) the mouth opening is just too big. 2) if I put anything but water in it it retains that taste for weeks, even if I run it through the dishwasher. So, two pretty big negatives.

I have been searching for a new water bottle, not actively, really, but a lot of people I know started getting the same water bottle that influenced me to buy it as well. I recently purchased a Lifefactory water bottle.

From Lifefactory.com
I know you are wondering what makes these water bottles so cool, so I will tell you. 1) They are glass! Which means no dangers of a plastic water bottle, no retaining any funky tastes, etc. 2) they are wrapped in silicone - the glass won't break and the bottle won't sweat too bad. 3) There are two caps you can get for your bottle - regular or sport top! So I obviously got both (I think it was $5). I haven't gotten it in the mail yet but I can't wait to use it, and it's dishwasher safe!!  

Ok, that's all for now. I'll post more soon, and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment