Saturday, October 6, 2012

Weekend Adventures

Hi All,

I hope I am catching you in the midst of a good weekend! This weekend was particularly enjoyable for me.

Well, let's back up a second.

As you know, I have been searching for a part-time job since my arrival in New York about a month and a half ago. Well last week my efforts were finally rewarded - yay - and I am now an employee of the Gap! To be completely honest, I used to dislike the gap. I thought it was a store for middle-aged people and blah blah blah. I could blame this on the fact that I grew up in the materialistic city of Los Angeles, and I'm going to. Recently, I have found myself stumbling in to the gap more and more often because of the super cute clothing in the window drawing me in. The clothes are fun, bright, cheery, fashionable, and most of all, reasonably priced (for the high quality of their items). I love working retail. I used to work at Nordstrom the summer after I graduated from high school. It's a great way to meet a bunch of people and actually have fun while you are at work. So my first day is tomorrow and I will definitely let you know how it goes. Also- I'm not going to publish the location of my job for everyone to see on the interwebs, but if we're friends and you want to visit me at work, just ask and I'll let you know.

Ok, back to this weekend. I found out I got this job and I panicked - if I have a part time job I will no longer have time for my friends in Maryland! My Thursday evening class was cancelled and I took it as an omen to impulsively go to Maryland to visit my best friend and my boyfriend because who knows when my next free weekend will be? (In two weeks, for homecoming, but still I was panicking). So I took the bus down on Thursday night and spent Thursday night and Friday catching up with my friend and going shopping. Who doesn't love shopping?! And I bought a new outfit for my first day of work, from the gap obviously. Then today, Saturday, we went back to the good old University of Maryland to tailgate for the football game. I don't particularly like football, so while my friend was at the game I spent the afternoon with my boyfriend - yay! Then we all got dinner together, and now I am sitting on the bus once again back to the Big Apple so I can be at work at 9:45am tomorrow (woah, early for me).

I wish I could say the fun stops there, but it doesn't! My big from my sorority is spending the night at my apartment tomorrow because she is down for the long weekend (not fair) from Boston. She's kind of a super genius and is getting her Ph.D in Biochemistry from Harvard - woah, right? I haven't seen her since LAST October, NOT OK - but that will all be remedied tomorrow. Also - I might be seeing another friend from Boston tomorrow or Monday, so all in all it has turned out to be quite an exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment