Monday, October 8, 2012

Working Girl

Hi again,

so, as you know, yesterday was my very first day of work at the GAP! Let me be the first to tell you that it was just a little overwhelming. Since I used to work retail, I figured I was pretty prepared to work  retail in New York. HA! Could I have been more wrong? I don't think so. I have never seen more people come in and our of a store in my entire life. It was so crazy! From the time the store opened until I went home there were at least fifty people in the store at all times. Now that fifty is just a guess, but I'm assuming there were actually more people, but I have a hard time judging amount of people in an enclosed space.

So you know how sometimes you walk in to a store and everything is a mess and you are like, GOSH WHY IS EVERYTHING A MESS DOES ANYONE WORK HERE? Yes, people work there, and I will never judge a big, busy, store ever again. I spent half an hour folding clothes to make a table look beautiful, then move on to the next table. I would just go back and forth between tables all day because the second you leave the table customers come over and mess everything up! Newfound respect for retail workers - seriously. And when I wasn't folding clothes or helping customers on the sales floor, I was running up and down from the stock room to get different sizes for specific customers or to refill the stock that sells SO FAST!

After work I got to see my Big from my sorority, which was super fun! Today I was back to classes, and my next day at work is on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment