Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Maryland Homecoming

So last week I (potentially) bored you with my thoughts on feminism, and this week I had some trouble finding a new topic to discuss. I have decided to stop just ranting about my life, so I have decided to become slightly controversial instead - yay. I will briefly fill you in on my life first though. I spent this past weekend at the University of Maryland for Homecoming and as you can probably guess IT. WAS. AWESOME.

Ok, so the main purpose of this post if about baseball, presidential debates, and football. As you all know, last night was the final presidential debate, along with the 7th game against the San Francisco Giants and the St. Louis Cardinals to get in to the world series, and an NFL game between the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears.




Now, I have many thoughts on these things. First, why does all of the primetime television shows get cancelled for the debate while the sporting events get to continue as planned? This seems unfair to me. If the media is trying to encourage the public to really tune in to the debate, then cable channels should be either airing the debate or playing undesirable shows so people are basically forced to watch the debate. 

First: I will start with football. I hate football. Other games I understand and even appreciate, but football is just so, football. So basically, that is all I have to say on this matter. But I do love watching Maryland football, only because I love the Terps. 



Second: Baseball. For those of you who don't know, I love baseball. I am a true Dodger fan, but since they always disappoint, I take to watching the postseason regardless of who is playing. Oh, and I always root for the underdog. So when the Yankees were playing the Orioles I had a hard time finding friends here in New York. The Orioles put up a good fight and I was proud of them. But then the Yankees had to get and get swept by the Tigers? ARE YOU KIDDING?!? It's like they didn't even try! If only they played that way against the Orioles. ugh. So now that the World series is between the Giants and the Tigers I don't really care, but I will still probably watch the games just because they're on. 


Third: The debate. Did you watch the debate? I watched the debate! Even though I had already voted by mail i decided to watch the debate. If you haven't voted, or if you know who you are voting for, it's still good to watch because otherwise you won't get all the jokes being told for weeks after. So now I will post pictures of jokes from the debates. 






Well, needless to say that I am an Obama fan, and I am sorry if you are a fan of Romney in any way, but you did choose to read my blog. 

So the only point of posting about football, baseball, and presidential candidates in one post is that they were all on television on the same night at the same time. Which I feel is wrong, but it did give me something to write about. 

1 comment: