Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall In To School

Well, as you could guess by my title, school has started yet again! I am starting a brand new school for only the fifth time in my life, which I guess is pretty normal. I started off my educational journey at the ripe age of 3(ish) at Sinai Akiba Academy. From the time of mommy-and-me classes to the sixth grade I spent the majority of my time learning hebrew and other aspects of the Jewish religion while basically learning nothing about english grammar, or math, or anything else that would help me in the real world.   I started Harvard-Westlake School in the seventh grade and graduated from high school there in 2008. It was at HW that I came to understand how learning something new could be awesome. It was also where I learned that some subjects were just never going to make sense to me (i.e. chemistry). When I graduated from high school I started college at The University of Massachusetts, and let me tell you it was the worst four months of my life. I only lasted there a semester before I transferred to The University of Maryland where I had the best three and a half years of my entire life, so far at least. At UMD I was able to join an amazing sorority, find a major that made me excited to learn, and had experiences I will never forget. I was finally able to be confident in my academic life as well as my social life, and decided to study abroad (as you know), and apply to graduate school (as you also know). 

Today I had my orientation at Teachers College and I cannot wait to start my classes on Thursday. You could say that I am a nerd, but I really love school. I love school so much that I want to spend my life working within a school, but to do that I need to spend at least two more years experiencing more school for myself. On Thursday I will tell you all about my first class, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment