Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to the Grind

Hi bloggers and joggers,

Today, I decided to go to the gym. I know, I know, I have been in the city for the month and this was my first time at the gym! (please don't give me this lecture). A wise friend has told me that when it comes to running, if you don't use it, you lose it. Today I learned first hand that this is, indeed, true. I haven't run in about four months, and today I could barely run at all. I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes, and I only went 2.25 miles. PATHETIC.

From GoogleImages

Yup - that's basically what I felt like, a turtle on a treadmill. Whatever, I will keep with it and get back in shape, I promise myself. In addition to running, I also want to get in to biking. For now that means just alternating between treadmill and bike in the gym, but hopefully it will eventually lead to biking outside on a real bike. I think biking gives you a great opportunity to do something on your own, safely, and gives you the opportunity to really see a city. Lets just say it's something I'm thinking about. I'm also planning on starting this ab workout routine, I'll let you know what I think.

In other news - my classes are now in full swing and I am a little overwhelmed with the amount of reading I have. Everyone always says "Graduate school is a lot of reading," but you don't really comprehend the amount of reading they're talking about until you actually get there, trust me.


I perpetually feel like I have a never ending stack of reading to get done. For example, on the average week I have 200 pages of reading along with reflection papers and other various assignments. The good news? I have been able to keep up with all of my reading and assignments thus far, which is encouraging.

More next time, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment