Monday, August 27, 2012

Where Am I, Again?

I am happy to report that my grandmother (aka GRAMMIE) has come to visit me and is spending time with me in New York this week. She was born and raised in the Bronx and arrived last Friday evening. She decided she wanted to to see the Eldridge Street Synagogue  in Chinatown. Ok, so we went down to Chinatown and ate lunch in Little Italy, it was fun. We then were walking to the Subway and were bombarded by an enormous mass of people. Immediately, my mind was confused and for a moment I believed that I was back in India. It was crazy, never in my life in the United States have I ever seen so many people moving in so many directions speaking languages I didn't understand. I was so overwhelmed.

We are spending today and tomorrow seeing various family members in New York. I am eternally grateful that Grammie has come to New York to spend my 22nd birthday with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment