Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Runner Takes Manhattan!

Well, I've done it! I have officially moved in to my apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan! If I had to describe my move in one word, it would be emotional. Now don't get me wrong, I am accustomed to living away from my parents, I have been doing that for the last four years. I have even lived in two apartments over summers basically alone, but for some reason this move just seems more permanent. That's probably because it is. When I would go to College Park in the fall I would know that I would see my mom soon for parents weekend, and then not far after that for Thanksgiving, and then Winter break. This year, however, I do not have my mom coming to see me in October, I can't really afford to go home for Thanksgiving, and I don't know what will be come December. In addition, I am no longer living in a sorority house filled to the brim with other young women and literally having no personal space. Needless to say, this whole experience is quite a culture shock.

Anyway - I flew back to New Jersey with my boyfriend and we spent the day at his parents house. Last night we drove in to the city and saw Potted Potter which was fun and incredibly silly. We then went out for a yummy dinner and they dropped me off at my apartment. As you probably could have guessed, I totally freaked out, and my boyfriend ended up staying with me (because he's amazing, even though he will probably never read this because he doesn't use his computer :-p). Today I saw a dear friend from high school, went grocery shopping, and made myself dinner. I feel pretty grown up right now.

Tomorrow my grandma is flying in to New York to spend the weekend with me and I could not be more exited!

Hopefully I have more exciting things to share with you all later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment