Monday, May 25, 2015

10K Training

If I have learned anything about running during my training, it is that it is all mental. And you need to be hydrated. So I guess that's two things.

For some reason I decided to conquer a 10k - and now I am in the midst of that training. My beloved C25K app is taking me to a C210K, I suppose. I am currently in week 10 of 14 of the training program. That means that this week I run 3 15 minute intervals with 1 minute walks in between. This is hard! And one minute goes by so quickly!

The idea of running 60+ minutes without stopping is incredibly daunting. But honestly, that's how I've felt each time I started a new week or day of the training program. I immediately would see the plan for the run, and convince myself that it was going to be too hard for me to do. This started as early as running 3 minutes at a time. I was like "there is no way I can run for 3 minutes, no way!" But, alas, I did. I don't know why our bodies do this to us. Our brains make us fear what our bodies can handle. Or maybe it's just my own brain that does this. I'm working on overcoming it.


No comments:

Post a Comment