Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Great Terp Questionnaire


As you may or may not know, I am about to graduate from college. I couldn't really tell you how I feel about this, but I decided to fill out a questionnaire to be nostalgic. 

1. Where are you right now? (You can answer literally, or you can stop giving boring answers to every question you’re asked, and think outside the box.)
I am in a state of distress. I am in a mess of emotions leading up to my impending graduation from the University of Maryland. Currently drowning under final thesis review, final 12-page take home final, and, of course, maintaining this blog. On the upside - I am excited for my plans for next year and the summer - good news. 
2. What keeps you blogging? Your pride? Your mom? Wanting someone other than your cat to tell you that you’re awesome?
Well, I am really only blogging at this point for this class. I'm hoping my blunt response does not have a negative effect on my grade, sorry Dr. Lindemann. But really, I want to keep blogging so I can motivate myself to keep running, which has been failing lately.
3. What blogs or bloggers do you look to for inspiration, ideas, or just to get the blog side of your brain turned on?
Although it has nothing to do with running, or my blog, the blog I continually look to for inspiration is Post Secret
4. What is your most Terp-like quality? Is you’re not a Terp, well, I’m sorry, but you should be. Go out and get Terpy. Then report back with your newly acquired Terp quality.
My most Terp-like quality is that I truly believe "slow and steady wins the race." ****I will keep running****
5. If you could pick any celebrity or politician to give your blog a shout out via Twitter, who would it be?


Although she is not a celebrity or a politician, I would love to have Sarah Dessen give me a shout out via Twitter. She is my favorite author even though she exclusively writes young adult novels. I re-read her books regularly instead of finding new books to read because I don't think I will like them as much.
6. Congrats. Wallace Loh stumbled upon your blog and wants to host an all-night party to celebrate your genius. You get to pick the campus building and the two professors who will be in charge of DJ-ing and food/drinks. Go:
Campus building, The Chapel. I love the chapel. I am Jewish, so I don't love it because I pray there, I just find something so beautiful about the chapel and chapel field. 
The first professor who would be in charge would be Susan Dwyer. Reason: I took her philosophy class freshman year and thought she was the coolest person ever. I even contemplated becoming a philosophy minor just so I could have more classes with her. In other news, she is Australian and has a Woodle, what could be better than having a woodle at a party?
The second professor would be Ryan Curtis. I took the psychology of interpersonal relationships with him also during my freshman year. He's awesome, super fun, got a round of applause at his graduation with his PhD (I was there) and he has babies. 
Puppies, Babies, what could be better??!
7. And finally, a serious question. What have you learned from blogging? Did you learn about writing? Did you learn about people? Did you learn how easy it is to get distracted on the internet? (But jk on the last one; you already knew that, of course.)
I've learned that it's not so scary to share personal details of my life with complete strangers. It seems like such a terrifying idea, but in practice it is very liberating. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie the Woodle is!! What's the "Woo" part? I assume "oodle" is for poodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all Sarah Dessen's books back in high school! Fun, easy reads!

    ReplyDelete