Monday, April 2, 2012

Challenge: Committing to a Graduate School

Yes, I know what you are thinking, graduate school has absolutely nothing to do with running, and you would be absolutely correct. Even though it doesn't necessarily go along with my running theme, it is a very critical part of my life right now. During the fall semester, I applied to ten, yes, ten, graduate programs. Over the last several months of traveling around the country for interviews I was admitted to seven of the ten programs. While I was extremely proud of myself, I became immediately confused as to which program I would choose. It was easy to narrow down my choice of seven to three, but  picking from those three was so hard. All programs were roughly equal in rank and course selection. The main difference was location; Nashville, New York City, and Los Angeles.

Well ladies and gentlemen, today I committed to a graduate school and paid my deposit!

Photo taken by ME, B.Rose


Yes, that's right -- I will be spending the next 2-3 years at Teachers College of Columbia University in New York City! I am very nervous but also incredibly excited. I will be studying Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling -- YAY!

I hope to get back to the running grind, and in such, I will leave you with an inspiring quote/picture for today




Source: flickr.com via Briana on Pinterest

Thanks for reading,
B

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! One of my friends goes to Columbia. I visited him last semester, and I fell in love with the campus. I am sure you will love it there as well! Life in the big apple will be very exciting. I hope to move there one day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You chose an excellent graduate school. And I love the chalk talk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to visit you in New York City and introduce you to all my favorite spots! One example: Hot Jumbo Bagel, 56th and 2nd ave. THE BEST BAGELS (AND CREAM CHEESE) IN THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete